Pages

Gurus Galore


Nowadays there is a frenzy for some disciples to become Gurus. Its good if they are qualified and if their resident Guru finds them suitable.....but unfortunately in most cases it is not so....so what the disciples will do is to go to India and seek some Gurus there --pay some money about Rm.-1000-3000 to get initiated into Guruship. They will return to Malaysia --start a centre and propagate Mahan's philosophy adulterated with other disciplines such as Yoga exercises, breathing techniques etc. Mahan never for once incorporated these disciplines in his philosophy. Even during Mahan's era disciples will clamor to become Gurus and Mahan will just laugh it off. Sometimes back I was introduced to a Guru. I was happy and asked as to where his centre is and how many he has initiated. I was totally surprised and bewildered at his answer....'no sir I have never initiated anybody--it was my wife who plodded me to become a Guru as our neighbor has become a Guru and his wife proudly bragged about to my wife. So my wife wanted to show the neighbor that her husband can also become a Guru....so I went to India, found a Guru ...paid Rm.3000 and received the Guruship. With due respect to all the genuine Gurus there are too many fake Gurus walking about. So if you are new and want to get initiated into Kundalini Yoga--check out the Guru first.